Are you an automotive software architect with profound experience and talents in software application development, ready to bring your talents to build something fresh? Are you based in Germany or Finland, or ready to relocate to either / or?
Technical Product Owner & Architect, Automotive Software Platform
Location: Munich or Helsinki
www.basemark.com, a 6 year old software company based in Finland with offices in Munich, Detroit, Seoul and Taipei, we make Brains for cars. Whether it’s merging Compute with Graphics in a real-time environment (by way of Vulkan GPU), real world autonomous intelligent systems, machine learning, computer vision, algorithms, or building upon AutoSAR Classic & Adaptive and Linux stacks for a safety critical full solution……we are shaking the Earth by creating the world’s first end to end automotive software platform.
We are world-class experts in real-time 3D graphics, compute programming and design. We have the customers, we have the technology, and we are scaling up our tech by productizing it and adding further compute and graphics capabilities as we change autonomous driving forever (and for the better). And with an infusion of millions in cash from investors, we are hiring more world-class experts to help us build our products to scale.
As Product Owner and Architect of Rocksolid Core (our flagship product), you will be responsible for maximizing the product ‘value’ of RS Core by clearly defining / redefining product goals, building the product roadmap and managing the backlog from a technical perspective. You will oversee the big picture of this product and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
You won’t need to manage people or code, and you are not responsible for profit and loss etc. You will have a great deal of freedom and influence, which is why we will put you through a serious vetting process until we recognize we can trust you with such an undertaking! (no sweat, we are gentle)
We think the right person already knows what this role entails, because you are already doing it (or a version of it). But in practice, your day-to-day includes the following:
- Collaborate with other professionals (internal and external) to determine functional and non-functional requirements for Rocksolid Core
- Research market trends and competitors’ technologies to keep us moving forward with the upper hand
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and UI for desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Clearly Communicate all concepts and guidelines to development team
Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Approve final product before launch
- At least 10 years experience in automotive software projects and proven experience as Software Architect or E/E Architect
- Good understanding of Scrum based production-scale software development
- Certification in automotive software engineering management and in-depth expertise in vehicle engineering (CAV, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Advanced Control Theory)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
Excellent knowledge of Autosar Classic and Autosar Adaptive, Linux, QNX, car interfaces, functional safety (ASIL A to ASIL D), UML and other modeling methods
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering
You can work from our Munich office, from home, or we can relocate you to Finland, up to you.
Please apply here or send your English CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject entitled ‘RS Core’. We look forward to meeting you!