We, are, Basemark! An automotive AR & ADAS powerhouse.
Do you want to come enhance and shape our blossoming AI team, while building machine learning models that will be used to control millions of cars, in an effort to make driving safer?
At Basemark in Punavuori / Helsinki, we are building the world’s most advanced automotive augmented reality (AR) application development tools to enable car manufacturers to build safer and smarter cars. We believe AR will help passengers stay focused, drive safer and ultimately save lives.
In our Headquarters in Finland and across our other locations worldwide, we strive to hire superior tech talents, with character. Representing 22 different nationalities with a potpourri of languages, cultures and traditions, we marvel at the unified team we have created, brought together by shared values, respect for our fellow (wo)man, and a kindred spirit of funk and cool.
Since we are committed to hiring incredible humans, we give people the freedom and support they need to achieve their goals and the company’s mission. If you want to make a difference in this world, Basemark is the place!
Our AI Team at Basemark is responsible for developing machine learning models to create a representation of the world surrounding our vehicles (like other cars, buses, animals and pedestrians). Those models will be used to control cars and make AR applications. You will work closely with our application, graphics engine, and compute engine teams. Eventually, your models will be used by the world’s largest car manufacturers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the Basemark AI team to develop AI algorithms to understand the environment, such as Lane & Object Detection, Fusion & Localization, Depth Estimation etc. The results of his work will be used for creating immersive AR experiences.
- Research, explore, prototype and validate new AI algorithms and Neural Networks
- Drive efforts to optimize, supervise and refine on-road performance for ML models on the path to production
- Optimize ML models for embedded devices
What You Must Have
- Track record in deploying prediction models into real-world environments
- Deep understanding of model evaluation and training algorithms
- Strong experience with state-of-the-art deep learning in computer vision
- Ability to lead your AI team with empathy and strong technical vision.
- Extensive experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, or other relevant languages
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, or PCL
- Experience with autonomous driving or AR technologies
- Experience in camera calibration, and camera auto-calibration
Ready to change the world? Please send your English CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject entitled Senior AI Engineer. We look forward to meeting you!