Basemark Oy is a software development & consultancy company established as a Limited Company in Finland and having a US Limited company, Basemark Ltd. Incorporated in Deleware, USA (“Basemark” or “we” in this document).
Your privacy is important to Basemark. We also want to be transparent so that you know what information is gathered when you visit our websites (www.basemark.com), (https://web.basemark.com/) and (https://powerboard.basemark.com/) or when you otherwise use our services or interact with us.
One of Basemark’s core activities is benchmarking hardware & software. Only a minimum amount of information is collected from individual users for benchmarking purposes. This minimal amount of information has been selected to minimize the amount of personal information collected during the benchmarking process and is typically limited to IP address, device model information and time stamps. Once individual performance data is collected it is anonymized and combined with a plurality of other anonymized performance data which forms aggregated information.
Our websites and cookies
Types of information collected by Basemark
As a general rule, all information concerning the business and affairs of a person or organization acquired: (1) for the purpose of determining whether Basemark will enter into a business relationship; or (2) in the course of a business relationship, shall be held in strict confidence and not revealed to anyone unless expressly or implicitly authorized by the person or organization concerned or permitted or required by applicable law. A business relationship develops when a person or company agree to purchase a service from Basemark, to license a product from Basemark, or to use a product from Basemark.
In the course of its relationship with you, Basemark may need to collect, use, and sometimes, disclose various types of Personal Information for various purposes associated with the scope of the services we provide as directed by you or your organization. Given the nature of Basemark products & services, it is impractical to list all of types of Personal Information that may be collected, used or disclosed. However, the Personal Information we collect may include:
- your full name;
- contact information, such as your address, telephone number, e-mail address, or job titles;
- whether you have subscribed or unsubscribed from any of our mailing lists, or accepted any of our invitations;
- your payment information;
- any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us;
- as we use analytic services from Google, any information gathered by these services including your usage data regarding your visit on one or more of our sites. Basemark may use this analytic information for developing and marketing our products and services. You may disable the Google analytics services by CLICKING HERE. Please note that this opt out is specific for each browser and device.
Use and discloser personal information
Additionally, Basemark stores your data in locked facilities behind firewalls. Information collected through analytics services may be stored outside the European Economic Area if the analytics services provider is located outside the European Economic Area. In these cases we take steps to ensure that your personal information is processed lawfully, secured and monitored for data breaches.
Except for the above, we do not regularly transfer your data outside the EEA and we aim to keep cloud based services within the EEA as much as possible.
Basemark may use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Establishing your identity and compliance with “Know Your Client” regulations and other legal obligations: which may require you to provide name, address, employment/business information, and/or other legally mandated forms of identification;
- Billing: which will include the collection of names, addresses, banking and/or financial details;
- Provision and development of Services/Products: which will include any Personal Information necessary to provide services requested by you or your organization;
- Analytics: we may also use and analyze the Personal Information provided to us to offer you additional services or products, as well as to track and manage your consent preferences, event reservations and any unsubscribe requests. You may, at any time, advise Basemark that you would not like to receive any further information;
- Internal record keeping;
- Answering your queries, and/or providing you with information or materials you have asked to receive;
- Market research;
- Marketing our own products and services to you by email or other means if you have opted to subscribe to one our mailing lists;
- To keep your information and preferences accurate. For example, from time to time, we may ask you (by email or otherwise) to review your contact details and mailing list preferences and update them as necessary;
- Any purpose which is permitted or required by applicable law; and
- To carry out any other purpose which is disclosed to you and to which you consent.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails or news letters from Basemark, please follow the unsubscribe link in any of our messages or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Personal Information may also be subject to transfer to another organization in the event of corporate transaction such as a merger or change of ownership. This will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
Limiting collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal information
Basemark may collect your Personal Information in one or more forms but will only do so by lawful means and only for necessary purposes that have been disclosed to you.
Personal Information collected in any form will only be retained by Basemark so long as it is required: a) for the purpose for which it was collected; b) to be retained by law; or c) to address any issues that may arise at a later date. When your Personal Information is no longer required for these identified purposes, Basemark uses secure procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert the Personal Information into an anonymous form.
Consent may be given in different ways such as: a) expressly by signing a document, agreeing through electronic means or verbally; or b) implicitly by providing the Personal Information voluntarily.
Please note that there are circumstances where the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted or where Basemark may or must disclose information without consent, in accordance with the applicable law.
Where obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, Basemark will not disclose more information than is required for the purpose that obligates or permits us to disclose such information.
You have the right to revoke your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information at any time. However, revocation of your consent may result in our inability to provide services or products to you. We will discuss with you the reason we need your Personal Information and why the revocation of your consent affects our ability to provide the service or product to you.
Storage and security
Basemark will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Accuracy and access
Basemark endeavors to ensure that any Personal Information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information.
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. In the event that you believe that your Personal Information is not accurate or you wish access to your Personal Information, you may make a request to contact person below.
We will always endeavor to provide timely access to your Personal Information. However, we may verify your identity to our satisfaction prior to doing so. Further, there may be circumstances where access cannot be granted. For example, where access would lead to the disclosure of Personal Information of another individual and that individual refuses to provide consent to the disclosure, or information subject to privilege or other legal restrictions. In such cases you will be notified of the reason why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
- access Personal Information that you have already provided so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted, or
you may contact any Basemark employee with whom you have a relationship or our privacy helpdesk below:
Privacy helpdesk for Basemark Oy
or by mail to
00130 Helsinki, Finland