- Always run the Basemark GPU as an Admin
- At the end of the official benchmark run, it might take some time to submit the results and fetch the data
- The Cross-platform comparison can be made with the Custom test. Choose the Medium Content quality and keep the same settings in compared devices
- For Android users, if the loader unable to download the assets, restart the device and try again
- Mac OS and iOS are not supported, yet. But we are working on it: Basemark GPU 1.2 will support Apple’s operating systems. It will be ready in the second half of 2019.
- The OpenGL API does not support choosing different GPUs
- The Free version always submits official scores automatically to our Basemark Power Board (https://powerboard.basemark.com/)
- The Corporate version does not submit scores to Power Board. For more information about the Corporate version, please contact our global sales team
- Known issue 27th November 2018: Loading screen closes too soon on Desktop Free version of the launcher
- Known issue 28th November 2018: When unpacking the .tar.gz make sure that there are no spaces in the folder names. It will give you an error when trying to run the benchmark.
- Known issue 10th December 2018: Linux launcher has a bug and – on some systems – it does not show Vulkan support.
Latest compatible GPU Drivers
- AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 WHQL, PC
- AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2, PC
- GeForce 416.34 WHQL, PC
- GeForce 416.94 WHQL, PC
- Latest Long Lived Branch Version: 410.78 Linux
- Latest Short Lived Branch Version: 415.18 Linux
- For Android users, the launcher will download all the assets before the first run; this will take approx 1.6 gigabytes
- Android: version 7.x and newer with Vulkan 1.0/OpenGL ES 3.1 drivers
- Windows Desktop: Requires Vulkan 1.0/OpenGL 4.5 drivers. 64-bit Windows version
- Linux: Requires Vulkan 1.0/OpenGL 4.5 drivers. Tested on x86-64bit Ubuntu
- Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression (ASTC)
- Ericsson Texture Compression (ETC2)
- Block Compression (BC7)
Benchmark Development Program
The Basemark® GPU benchmarking tool has been developed in close cooperation with leading semiconductor companies. Our partners, such as Imagination Technologies, Intel, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, and Renesas, all participate in Basemark’s Benchmark Development Program (BDP). Our tight-knit collaboration with competing GPU and CPU development companies ensures that the Basemark® GPU benchmark offers optimal reliability and maintains objectivity through adherence to group standards.
Our benchmarks are built strictly to meet the specifications set by the industry. Neutrality and unbiased analytics is core to our philosophy, and we base our reputation on a lack of favoritism towards any specific manufacturer’s products.
We welcome all the interested to join our program as a partner, let us know and we will be in contact!
Support & contact
If you need more detailed support, please let us know via social media or by email. We have a team in place to help you!